By: Ryan Nguyen (MST Engineer)
Verified By: Ernie Trujillo (Project Manager)
Approved By: Miguel Garcia (Quality Assurance)
Table of Contents
Level 1 General Requirements
- The robot shall be completed by May 15.
- The robot that is to be designed shall be done in such a way that it is relatively inexpensive, less than $250, preferably a laser cut model or 3D printable design.
- Since robots are to be operating through the maze simultaneously, the design should ensure that collisions are to be avoided in all situations.
- When printing 3D models for the project, any prototype print shall obey the 2/2/2 rule and shall take no more than 6 hours in sum. Projects may request a waiver with justification.
- Robots shall utilize a version 6 3DoT boards powered by the 3.7V RCR123A battery. Projects may request a waiver with justification.
- The robot will be designed in such a way that there are no dangling or exposed wires. Connectors will be used between all electronic and electromechanical components. Jumper wires will not be used, ribbon cables are preferred; the gauge of wires should be consistent with the current.
- Good construction techniques: all moving and rotating parts shall use bushing or bearings, hinges shall be interlocking and include a latching mechanism. No gaps shall be greater than 1 millimeter, immediate access shall be provided to all external connectors (USB, switches).
- The robot shall record the user’s input and be able to repeat the previous route defined by the user. The software algorithm is defined in 400D E&C lab sequence.
- During teaching mode, ArxRobot app via mobile devices shall be used to teach the robot to navigate the maze.
- During the playback mode, the ArxRobot app shall transmit live video feed and telemetry to the Arxterra control panel, including battery level.
- The Robot disassembly time shall be 10 minutes. Projects may request a waiver with justification. All 3Dot boards will be clear of electronics, motors will be disconnected, all sensors will be disconnected.
- Reassembly time shall be 10 minutes. Projects may request a waiver with justification. All teams will be allowed to use a cable tree as well as an assembly diagram as necessary. All robots will be tested after reassembly to confirm its functionality.
Goliath Level 1 Requirements
L1 – 1 The Goliath will drive on flat surfaces, such as cloth, paper, linoleum.
L1 – 2 The Goliath shall be operational for 1-hour duration.
L1 – 3 The robot shall be a scale replica of a Goliath 302 Tank. The scale factor will be 1:11.5 with a mean
square error (MSD) over all three axis (x, y, z) of no greater than 10%.
L1 – 4 The total cost of the goliath shall be no greater than $200.
L1 – 5 The Goliath shall have easy access to charging and programming hookup.
L1 – 6 Goliath shall house a custom PCB and use control telemetry shall to navigate the maze.
L1 – 7 The Goliath should make tank noises.
L1 – 8 Goliath shall detect and avoid other robots in the maze.
Goliath Level 2 Requirements
L2 – 1 The mass of the Goliath shall not exceed 400 grams. Goliath L1-3
L2 – 2 The Goliath shall be smaller than 5x4x3 inches. Goliath L1-3
L2 – 3 Goliath shall use IR range finder to detect objects. Goliath L1-7
L2 – 4 Goliath’s final version shall be printed with ABS plastic. General 3
L2 – 5 The Goliath shall be power by a single 3.7v RCR123A battery. General 6
L2 – 6 Main PCB shall have two UV sensors, UV LED, Gyro, and connectors to range-finder. Goliath L1-6
L2 – 7 Arx-robot App will have different operating control modes and direction pad to control Goliath’s
movement. Goliath L1-6
L2 – 8 Goliath shall have 4 x 10 mm cut out on back of Goliath to provide access to charging and
programming hookup. Goliath L1-5
L2 – 9 The Goliath will not have any electrical parts mounted outside. General Level 1-7
L2 – 10 The Goliath should have a latched lid. Interlocking mechanism. General Level 1-8
L2 – 11 The Goliath shall detect objects 10 inches in front. Goliath L1-8
L2 – 12 Goliath will have all-terrain tracks. Goliath L1-1
L2 – 13 The Goliath shall have 10 gears. Goliath L1-1
L2 – 14 The Goliath shall have 2 motor(s), located in the back of the chassis. Goliath L1-1